Great Plus Size Outfits for Music Festivals
Posted on April 01 2015
Music festival season is here! We’ve got great ideas for plus size outfits that will look great for the likes of Coachella and Jazz Fest.
There’s a lot to keep in mind when dressing for a music festival. You obviously want to be comfortable since you’ll be standing for hours. You also want to be able to layer, since the temperatures vary greatly from day to night. Lastly, you basically want to look pretty damn cool. We’ve put together two outfits keeping all these things in mind.
Outfit 1: Free Spirited Boho
1. Denim Shorts. Shorts are the basis for all successful festival outfits in our opinion, if shorts are not your thing, try boyfriend jeans or destructed capris. We know a lot of people love to wear sundresses at festivals...we do not. We suffer from "chub rub" (when your thighs rub together.) We typically wear shape wear under dresses to prevent our plus size thighs from rubbing, but with the heat and the long hours of festivals, this option is out!
Shop Plus Size Denim Shorts HERE
2. Light Blouse & Outer Layer for Night. We love this boho off the shoulder top and think it will look great topped with this geo tribal printed plus size kimono.
3. Converse Sneakers. We opt for these cool eyelet sneakers since festivals are dusty and by the end of the night everyone is spilling their drinks.
Shop Eyelet Converse Sneaks HERE. They are on sale!
4. Lots of Necklaces. This tiered necklace adds to the boho feel of the overall look. We love the ease of the 3 in 1 aspect of layered necklaces!
Shop Layered necklace HERE
Outfit 2: A Touch of Western Prep
1. Striped Tee. Stripes are in for spring, so why not take them on the festival circuit? This lightweight and loosely fitted tee will keep you comfy all day.
Shop plus size white striped tee HERE
2. Black Plus Size Shorts. Not too long not too short! Can be cuffed shorter if you wish.
Shop shorts HERE.
3. Denim Shirt for evening layering. This adorable plus size denim shirt has tiny anchors printed on it. It's a great shirt to throw in your bag and throw on unbuttoned in the evening.
Shop denim shirt HERE.
4. Accessories. Long necklace with quartz stone, fringed natural colored booties and jeweled headband. The accessories really make this outfit (which is so versatile it could be good for brunch, a date, you name it) really great for festivals.