Trend Alert: The Little Navy Dress
Posted on July 23 2015
Recently Jennifer Lawrence was spotted at Comic Con in a stunning navy tank dress. Many, including Refinery29 wrote how JLaw was making the case for the LND (little navy dress) over the LBD (we all know what that is and have many in our closets.) We agree! We think that navy deserves more attention and that it should become a wardrobe staple.
Here are 12 reasons we love the color navy including plus size little navy dress options for your shopping pleasure.
Why you should try navy instead of black:
1. Navy is more suited to warm weather and looks less severe in the sunny summer months
2. Navy is a great complimentary color for all complexions
3. Navy looks fresh. Many of the upcoming fall trends include an emphasis on navy (the mod trend especially)
4. Navy dresses more easily transition from day to night than back dresses. Have you ever gone to work in your LBD...?
5. Like black dresses, navy dresses are flattering, almost universally. There’s a reason all women, including plus size women own multiple!
6. This grecian inspired knee-length navy dress with key hole back
7. Navy dresses can become part of a nautical look, which we love. See our plus size nautical collection here
8. Stars like Jennifer Lawrence are rocking navy dresses
9. This polished sleeveless navy fitted dress from ASOS
10. Fading is less noticeable in navy than black. Important for those of us who aren’t the most careful while doing laundry.
11. Come on, everybody wears little black dresses! Be different!
12. This mod navy shift dress from Nordstrom
What do you think of navy? Will you give it a try?
*Celeb image from www.celebmafia.com